Before Year End: Week 5 (23/12/2018)

Good evening guys and welcome back to another addition of "Before Year End).

This week has been a great week for myself, I went to the gym three times and have really actually begun to enjoy this process. Due to various work Christmas Parties and events this week I have barely cooked a dinner at home, however I come to you today with one dinner recipe and one food review.

Without further ado:

My signature "Green" Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash



Ingredients:

  • 1 Large bunch of Coriander
  • 6 Garlic Cloves 
  • 6 Birds Eye Chillies 
  • Juice of 1 Lemon 
  • 1 Thumb Sized piece of Ginger 
  • 4 Tbsp Rapeseed Oil 
  • 1 Tsp Salt 
  • 1 Chicken Breast (Chopped) 
  • 1 Medium Onion (Chopped) 
  • 1 Sweet Potato
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
  • 1 Chicken Magi Cube
Method:

  1. Blend together Coriander, Garlic Cloves, Chillies, Lemon Juice, Ginger, Oil, and 1 Tbsp Salt until a paste paste forms. 
  2. Peel. chop and boil Sweet Potato until soft. When cooked roughly mash with a fork. 
  3. In a pan, cook Chicken Breast and Onions seasoning with Salt, Pepper and Magi.  
  4. When the chicken is cooked, add 3 Tbsp of the Green marinade. Cook for 4 mins. 
  5. Serve with your favourite vegetable as a side or salad. I love sweetcorn and eat it with everything! Store remaining marinade in a airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months or fridge for up to 1 week. 
This marinade is honestly my pride and joy and makes everything I make taste super delicious! It also pairs well with beef, fish and vegetables and adds a much needed complexity of flavour to what can otherwise taste like boring proteins. Use this marinade on your chicken before you cook it overnight to get the maximum punch of flavour! 


Food Review of the Week: Wingstop UK 


This week on a night out, I was able to taste the restaurant well raved about and promoted by American rapper Rick Ross: Wingstop! 

Appearance
The wings looked really good and were presented in a way that made you want to dive right in. The canteen style serving makes for a practical way to eat and allows for you to get stuck in. 

Score: 5/5 

Taste
For my first time trying Wingstop, I tried to get a variety of flavours. Unfortunately they don't let you mix and match flavours of wings so I settled for sharing with my friends and managed to taste the Lemon Pepper, Louisiana Rub and Korean BBQ Wings with an order of Cajun Spiced Fries on the side. 

The Lemon Pepper Wings were quite flavourful and were what I can imagine a great gateway seasoning for those who don't like spice but do enjoy flavour. The Louisiana Rub Wings were the best out of the three and were spiced perfectly. The Korean BBQ Wings however had a odd sour taste to them which wasn't too overwhelming but was definitely out of place for the claimed flavour profile. 

All the wings were served hot and were fried well. I'm generally not a fan of fried wings (that don't have breading) so they were good for what they were. The Cajun Spiced Fries were amazing, I really enjoyed them and the Ranch dip that came with them added another layer of flavour to what was already a good meal. 

I would have to go back and try some other flavours but from my memory I did enjoy it and would return. 

Score: 3.8/5

Ambience
I really loved the ambience in this restaurant. All the staff there when I went were of Black or minority background and were young people. It was great to see a place where a lot of young people can come together and eat a good meal. There is a queue system to order and when I went which was a Thursday night at around 8:00 pm, the queue wasn't too long and we were able to order within 10 mins. Special shoutout to the music selection played, it ranged from Afrobeats to UK Hip Hop and set an upbeat positive vibe throughout the restaurant.  

Score: 5/5

Value for money
10 Wings and Fries came up to about £11 which I didn't think was too bad value for money and left me feeling full. 

Score: 4/5 

Overall Score: 16.5/20


That brings me to the end of this weeks post. Next week will be a special Christmas Dinner post with insight on my Christmas and the dishes I love to eat! 

As always, have a blessed week ahead. 

CCC: Releasing your inner chef. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12