Before Year End - Week 4 (16/12/2018)

Hi all and welcome to Week 3 of Before Year End!

This week I have to pat myself on the back and confidently say I have truly changed.my.life! I went to the gym 4 times this week (shout out to my new gym for being amazingly big and making me want to go back) and it felt great! Maybe my eyes are shape shifting, I'm not sure, but I think my body is even looking a little more SNATCHED! The only thing left for me to do is to strictly sort out my diet to accelerate my results, but for the first time since I started this blog series I'm really excited about the future!! 

Without further delay, here are two meals that I ate this week all which I made within 30 mins, feel free to whip these meals up yourself after a long day and enjoy the way I did.

Lean Meatball Pasta


Ingredients:
  • 250g of 5% fat lean Beef Mince
  • 1 can Crushed Tomatoes
  • 1/2 small Red Onion 
  • 1/2 Small white Onion 
  • 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic
  • 1/2 Tsp Cumin
  • 1 Tsp Aromat 
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules 
  • 2 Tsp Mixed Herbs
  • 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Crushed Chillies 
  • Wholewheat Fusilli Pasta  
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Boil pasta according to packet instructions. 
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the Mince Beef, Red Onion, Garlic Granules, Salt and Pepper Cumin, 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs and Curry Power and form small meatballs. 250g of Mince should yield about 13 meatballs. 
  3. In a pan fry the White Onion, Garlic Cloves, Crushed Chilli and Meatballs until cooked through. 
  4. Add Crushed Tomatoes and Season with Salt, Pepper, Aromat and 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs. 
  5. Cook for 8 mins until the sauce has thickened and everything is well combined. 
  6. Serve with salad and a boiled egg. 

Spicy Tomato Prawns with Brown Rice and Beans


Ingredients:
  • Please see last weeks post for the Brown Rice and Beans ingredients and recipe. 
  • 1 Medium Onion
  • 1 Red Bell Pepper 
  • 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
  • 1 Can of Whole Tomatoes 
  • 2 Handfuls of Cooked Prawns 
  • 1 Tbsp Onions 
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Granules (or 1 Crushed Garlic clove)
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste 
  • A Sprinkle of Aromat 
Method:
  1. In 2 Tbsp oil, lightly fry the onions, scotch bonnet and pepper, until slightly softened. Add Can of Tomatoes and crush using the back of your spatula (or a fork). 
  2. Season with Salt, Pepper, Aromat and Garlic Granules. 
  3. Add Prawns and cook for a further 2/3 mins. Be careful not to cook the prawns too long as they can become overcooked and rubbery very quickly. 
  4. Serve with Brown Rice and Beans. 

So that's all for this week, thank you all so much for tuning in and have a blessed week ahead. 

CCC - Releasing your inner chef. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12