THE TWELVE: Week 8

Good evening all and welcome to Week 8 of the THE TWELVE! So we are officially in the final 4 weeks of this journey and I am due another weigh in today! I haven't yet been to the gym today and am due to go as soon as I've finished writing this up, however I am super hopeful that I'm on track to lose at least 10 kg by the end of this series. Its been a really good week for me as I've had quite a few different meals and discovered a new protein which has honestly, changed the game for me. On with Week 8!




(Monday-Sunday)




Breakfast: 
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Spinach and Prawn Omelette and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (350 calories) 
Belvita Choc Chip Soft Bake and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (242 calories) (not pictured)
Warburton's Toastie Toast with 2 small Fried Eggs and 1/3 of an Avocado (467 calories) (not pictured) 
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Spinach, Mackerel and Prawn Omelette and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (400 calories) 

Lunch: 
1 Cup of Jollof Rice with 1 Garlic and Herb Chicken Thigh (304 calories) 
1/4 Nandos Garlic Peri-Peri Chicken with Sweet Potato (402 calories) 
Tuna and Egg Salad (390 calories
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich and an Apple (416 calories) 
Butterkist Sweet Popcorn (63 calories) 






Dinner: 
Breaded Haddock with Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn (440 calories)
Naked Turkey Burger with Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn (430 calories
Chicken Breast in a Spinach and Tomato Sauce with Wholewheat Pasta (500 calories) 
Salmon and Gyoza Salad (542 calories)
Garlic Soy Chicken Thigh with Sauteed Tomatoes, Peppers and Onions (459 calories) 

The Twelfth Star
Turkey Burger with Grilled Sweet Potato (656 calories)

Ingredients:
  • 250g Turkey Mince 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste 
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder 
  • 1 Tsp Onion Powder 
  • Bun of your choice
  • Sliced Tomatoes 
  • 1 Small Onion
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Lettuce  
  • Garlic Peri Peri Sauce 
  • 1 Tsp Light Mayonnaise 
  • 1 Large Sweet Potato 
  • Rapeseed Oil
Method:
  1. In a mixing bowl, season your Turkey Mince with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. Form into 2 patties. 
  2. Wash your Sweet Potato and cut into chips, leaving the skin on. 
  3. Boil your Sweet Potato in Salted water for 10 mins. 
  4. Heat 2 Tbsp of Rapeseed Oil in a grill pan and cook your patties for 6-8 mins on each side. Place cooked patties on a separate plate to rest.
  5. Slice your Onion and cook in the grill pan (seasoned with a little salt) until soft. 
  6. Grill your Sweet Potato for 3 mins on each side to give nice grill marks. 
  7. In a small bowl mix together your Peri-Peri sauce with Mayonnaise. 
  8. Build your Burger. 
  9. Enjoy! 
Exercise
This week I've been able to go to the gym 4 times as usual. Although technically I've not gone to the gym yet today, I'll be going as soon as I finish typing this up, so I will have met my goal by the time you read this! I've increased my cardio and reps after last weeks plateau in progress and I'm hoping that after my weigh in today, it will have made the difference! Wish me luck! 

Spiritual Refection of the Week
Proverbs 12:20 "Those who promote peace have joy."
This week I'm focused on peace because I think its so so important to have peace in all aspects of your life. If you imagine the opposite of peace - chaos, you'll probably think of many different things colliding with no real direction or order. Peace in contrast is quiet and comfortable, a place where nothing is disturbed. The verse above says that those who promote peace have joy. If there is anything in your life right now which is not giving you peace you will have difficulty finding joy. Take a moment this week to reflect back and root out the things which bring chaos into your life. Parents this does not mean rooting out and getting rid of your screaming children, but instead figuring out what unsettles you and even others around you. Whilst being challenged out of your comfort zone breeds growth, often the compete absence of peace breeds unhappiness. I genuinely believe that happiness is the key to life (happiness found through the Lord) and so I'll be really interested to hear how you all get on with this challenge. God bless!

Thank you for tuning in to another week and I hope you all have a blessed week ahead.

CCC: Releasing your inner chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12