THE TWELVE: Week 7

Good evening all and welcome back to another instalment of THE TWELVE! This week has been good overall, in terms of my diet not much has changed, and I really do need to try something new for lunches and dinners because its getting quite repetitive now, but overall I've had a positive week!







(Monday-Sunday) 

Breakfast: 
Belvita Choc Chip Soft Bake and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (242 calories)
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Pepper and Bacon Omelette and Kingsmill 50/50 Crust free toast and a Starbucks Skinny Iced Late   (480 calories)
Warburtons Milk Roll toast (213 calories) 

Lunch: 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich and an Apple (416 calories) 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Salad (239 calories) (not pictured)
Leftover Brown Rice with Leftover Nandos Chicken Thigh (416 calories) (not pictured) 


Dinner: 
Leftover Brown Rice and Beans with Jerk Chicken Breast and Veg (520 calories) 
Nandos Quater Chicken Breast Hot with boiled Sweet Potato (455 calories
Jollof Rice with Jerk Chicken Drumstick and Garlic and Lemon Chicken Thighs with Grilled Plantain (580 calories) 
Nandos Chicken Pitta and Corn on the Cob (527 calories) (not pictured) 
Breaded Haddock with Chicken Tenders and Sweetcorn (534 calories) (not pictured) 

The Twelfth Star

Jerk Spiced Chicken Breast with Brown Rice and Beans, Grilled Plantain and Vegetables (489 calories)
Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 a Chicken Breast 
  • 1/2 Tbsp Jerk Seasoning 
  • Salt/Pepper to taste 
  • 1/2 Ripe Plantain 
  • Carrots 
  • Broccoli 
  • Brown Rice & Beans 
Method: 

  1. On a tray drizzle your Plantain with a little Rapeseed oil and season with Salt. 
  2. Grill your plantain at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 mins or until brown. 
  3. Season your Chicken Breast with Salt, Pepper and Jerk Seasoning. 
  4. Fry the Chicken Breast in a little oil until Cooked through. 
  5. In a separate pot, boil your Carrots and Broccoli for about 10 mins or until soft. 
  6. Serve with Brown Rice & Beans and Enjoy! 
Exercise
This week, I feel like I've hit a plateau in terms of my progress in the gym. I'm still doing the same exercises, increasing weights and slowly increasing my cardio but this week has felt very unproductive. I managed to go 4 times as always but the workouts themselves, especially this evenings one felt very meh. I'm going to have a search for a variety of exercises to do which will help combat this feeling next week and try to really push myself. I'm approaching week 8 which means that I'll be two thirds of my way through this journey, and from my experience this is when I really need to push harder to get those last few kg's off. Wish me luck! 

Spiritual Reflection of the week

James 1:12 "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him."
 As I said above, this week has felt like a steady plateau in terms of my progress both in the gym and in terms of my diet. I'm eating the same things for breakfast, lunch and dinner and whilst I doubt my breakfasts will change (because I really love Belvita soft bakes and they fill me up until about 11:00am), I really need to make some changes. This isn't the first time in my life that I've felt a plateau and the scripture above really speaks to me most notably in this week. I will never stand the test if I don't persevere and it's only through my perseverance that God will reward me with success. I pray that this coming week the spirit of perseverance flows through our blood, whether it be at work, school or in our home life and that it will result in whatever it is God has promised us.

Thank you so much for tuning in and have a productive week ahead!

CCC: Releasing your inner chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12