THE TWELVE: Week 9

Good evening all and welcome to the ninth post of THE TWELVE! Its been an amazing journey so far and this week has been particularly good as I've been able to create a dish which had a very positive response on Instagram and Twitter! If you haven't already, follow @chrissyscookingchronicles on Instagram as I'll now be posting my dinners each week on my story/ page, so that you know what to expect in each coming week's post. Maybe you'll be able to guess during the week what the Twelfth Star recipe will be! Week 9 lets get into it:  




(Monday - Sunday)







Breakfast:
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Pepper, Spinach and Prawn Omelette and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (350 calories)
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - Golden Oats and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (267 calories)
Belvita Breakfast Biscuits - Golden Oats, Face Raspberry and Pomegranate Yogurt and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (267 calories) (Guys, if you are intermediately lactose intolerant like I am, please for the love of God stay away from the Face yogurt. I felt so sick after eating it afterwards... 0/10 wouldn't recommend) 
Cornflakes with Soya Milk, Green Grapes and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (400 calories) 
4 Slices of Warburton's Milk Roll Toast with a Small Fried Egg and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (367 calories) 

Lunch: 
Garlic Soy Chicken Thigh with Salad (304 calories) (not pictured) 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich with BBQ Popchips  (400 calories) 
Leftover Mustard and Lemon Chicken Thighs with Roasted Veg (400 calories) 


Dinner: 
Garlic Chicken Breast with Sauteed Peppers and Spinach (385 calories) 
Naked Turkey Burger topped with an Egg with Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrots (477 calories)
Tilapia Fish Pepper Soup with a Side of Fried Plantain (472 calories) 
Waitrose Chicken Honey and Mustard Pasta (576 calories)

The Twelfth Star
Grilled Wholegrain Mustard and Garlic Chicken Thigh with a Kale and Broccoli Stir Fry (517 calories) 
Ingredients: 
  • 2 Large Skinless & Boneless Chicken Thigh 
  • 1 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard 
  • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 
  • 3 Cloves of Crushed Garlic 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste 
  • 1 Cube Magi Chicken Seasoning 
  • 1 Tsp Thyme 
  • 1/2 Head of Broccoli 
  • 2 Handfuls of Kale 
  • 1/2 Large Onion
  • 4 Birds Eye Chillies
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder 
  • Olive Oil
Method: 
  1. In a bowl, season your Chicken with Salt, Pepper, Mustard, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Magi and Thyme. 
  2. Allow to marinate for 15 mins. 
  3. On a grill pan, grill your Chicken Thighs in a little Olive Oil for 6-8 mins on each side until cooked through. Be sure not to move the Thighs to get a nice grill mark. 
  4. In a separate pan, stir fry your Broccoli, Kale, Chilli's and Onions. Season with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder. 
  5. Enjoy! 
Exercise
This week has been really great fitness wise. I went to the gym 4 times, and enjoyed each day. Today in the gym was a bit harder for me as I hadn't eaten dinner yesterday (I last ate at 4 pm) which meant that I lacked energy when I woke up and went straight to the gym. I won't be doing that again! Last Sunday, I trained with my friend David who introduced me to a squat machine at the gym which I've now incorporated into my routine. Thanks for that David because its helped me to push myself further on legs day and work harder. If you would like his Instagram to follow his fitness journey feel free to DM me! 

Spiritual Reflection of the Week
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things thorough Christ who strengthens me"
This week I felt quite weak and tired early on. Normally I get tired at work on Wednesday as it is the middle of the work week and it feels like there's still sooo many days left of work. But this week on Monday I was shattered and felt like the week was already dragging. Work was difficult, waking up was difficult, everything was just an uphill struggle. This scripture really speaks to me and I think it speaks to so many of us based on its popularity, but the words are simple and true. I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. If you feel tired and like you don't have the strength to do anything this week, take a minute to reflect, pray, sing, listen to a podcast, whatever you do to bring yourself closer to Christ. You will find your strength is renewed and nothing feels impossible. I pray for Christs strength in you all this coming week.

Thank you for tuning into another post, and I hope you have an amazing week ahead! 

CCC: Releasing your inner chef. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12