THE TWELVE: Week 6

 Good evening guys and welcome back to what is the half way post of my series: THE TWELVE! I've been doing this for 6 weeks now and honestly I feel great. I've lost a noticeable amount of weight and I feel really good about myself and my progress. I've been able to fulfil all of my goals so far, with a few cheats here and there however I know I wouldn't be able to do this without a few cheats so overall I'd say I'm super motivated for the future! On the more personal side, this past week has been really tough for me, but I am very proud of myself for sticking to this journey and staying on the path to success. Hopefully this week will be better for me. To week 6!

(Monday-Sunday)




Breakfast: 
Belvita Blueberry Soft Bake and Liberte Strawberry Yogurt plus Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (231 calories)
Cornflakes or Bran Flakes with Soya Milk (292-300 calories) (not pictured) 
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Pepper and Mackerel Omelette and Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk  (400 calories) 
Warburtons Milk Roll toast with an Egg and Liberte Strawberry Greek Yogurt and Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (470 calories)

Lunch: 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich and an Apple (416 calories)
Chicken Salad (317 calories) 





Dinner: 
Fish Stew with Sweet Potato Mash & Salad (422 calories) 
Breaded Haddock with Stir Fried Couscous (366 calories)
Rice & Stew with a boiled Egg (434 calories) 
HAZ Restaurant: Starter Calamari (300 calories), Main: Mixed Grill (620 calories) Side note: Wouldn't recommend this restaurant, went to the one in Bishopsgate with my girls on Friday evening and the food was super flavourless. My starter was supremely under seasoned but they made up for it with my main which was nice. However my two friends had to send their food back basically uneaten as it was lacking basic seasoning. Not worth the money, you can definitely find better Turkish food elsewhere.
Fried Rice with Chicken Thighs (442 calories) 
Yutaka Chicken Gyoza (349 calories) (not pictured, please see @chrissyscookingchronicles on Instagram to see what these look like as I am yet to make them for dinner!) 

The Twelfth Star

Soy Garlic Chinese Chicken with Sauteed Vegetables (450 calories) 

Ingredients:

  • 1 Chicken breast (Sliced) 
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder 
  • 1/2 Tsp Paprika 
  • 1/2 Tsp Chinese Five Spice 
  • 1 Tsp Soy Sauce 
  • 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1 Clove of Garlic (Chopped)  
  • A handful of Spinach 
  • A handful of Broccoli 
  • 8 sliced baby Plum Tomatoes 
  • 1 Small Sweet Potato 
  • 1/2 Small Onion (Sliced) 
  • Rapeseed Oil

Method: 

  1. In a little Rapeseed Oil, cook your Chicken Breast and season it in the pan with the Garlic Powder, Paprika, Five Spice, Soy Sauce, Chilli Powder, Salt and Pepper. Once cooked remove from the pan and place on a plate to the side. 
  2. Peel, cube and boil your Sweet Potato for 10 mins until cooked. 
  3. In the same pan you cooked your Chicken in, add a little more Rapeseed Oil and brown the Onions, Sweet Potato and Garlic. 
  4.  Add your Spinach, Broccoli and Plum Tomatoes and season with Salt and Pepper.
  5. Cook your vegetables for 5 more mins. 
  6. Enjoy!  

Exercise
I managed to complete my 4 days of gym this week, however I was unwell today due to my TOM and felt really sick after doing my 12 min cardio session to begin with at the gym. I tried to power through and went on to the seated dip machine to work out my arms, however I stared getting really bad pains and thought it best to just go home. My drive home is only 10 mins and I still felt ill and found it difficult to drive however the second I stepped back into my house I felt much better, its like my body was trying to trick me I promise you it was the most bizarre thing. Luckily I have two 2.5 kg dumbbells at home so determined to continue my exercise and do my 4/4 days this week, I finished my workout at home. Overall a good week. I hope to increase my cardio next week to further accelerate my weight-loss so will definitely keep you updated on how my body adjusts to that! 

Spiritual Reflection of the Week
Psalm 46:1-3 "God is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."
This week I had such a low week, I cried like 4 times and felt so down about so many aspects of my life. I was in such a slump I was honestly worried for myself. Normally when I feel down, I make sure to have an early night in and go to sleep, and I find that praying then sleeping it off makes me feel 1000 times better in the morning. I tried that every day to begin with this week and nothing was working... I still felt really low. I've started feeling better now, and that's mostly owing to my SO, my sister and friends who were literally lifting me up everyday, but I need to always remember to pray and trust in the Lord. After trying to pray and it feeling like it was not working, I gave up... something I should never do. I know God is my refuge and I know hes my strength so I leave the rest to him and stay steadfast in prayer that he will change my situation.


Thank you so much for tuning in, have a blessed week ahead and I will see you all in next weeks post!

CCC: Releasing your inner chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12