THE TWELVE: Week 5

Good evening guys and Happy Easter! This week has been particularly hard for me, most especially towards the end of the week as I've eaten out and gone to different events. I'm still trying very hard and as I type am yet to go to the gym for the last time this week, however as soon as I finish typing this post up, off to the gym I go! For the first time I took some pictures of myself and could see a difference in my weight. It was really motivating and as I enter the halfway point of this series, it's great to see my hard work is paying off. Without further ado, here's to Week 5:




(Monday - Sunday)



Breakfast:
Belvita Blueberry Soft Bake and Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (231 calories)
Cornflakes with Soya Milk (292 calories) (not pictured) 
Half a Slice of Yam with a 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Pepper and Tuna Omelette and Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk  (400 calories) 
Warburtons Milk Roll toast with an Egg and Liberte Strawberry Greek Yogurt and Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (470 calories)

Lunch: 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich and a clementine (304 calories)
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich, Barbecue Popchips and an Apple and Grape Snack Pack (426 calories)
Leftover Broccoli Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice with 1/4 of a grilled Plantain (401 calories) 
Tesco Tuna and Sweetcorn Sandwich with Plantain Chips, Mango Chunks and an Apple (612 calories) 
Tesco Chicken Caesar Wrap with an Apple and Grape Snack Pack (502 calories) 



Dinner: 
*Disclaimer: This week especially towards the end of the week I didn't really eat dinner. I had no dinner on Friday, a very small bite to eat on Saturday and as I type I have not yet had dinner today and am not sure if I intend to. Ideally I should be eating 3 times a day, however sometimes I feel full and so don't eat and also I've been having late lunches which has affected my appetite.* 

Broccoli, Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice (526 calories) 
Ping Pong Dim Sum: Spicy Chicken and Chinese Vegetable Dumplings/ Prawn and Chive Dumplings (351 calories) 
Chilli Garlic Salmon with Sweetcorn & Chicken Tenders (560 calories)
Jollof Rice with a piece of beef and a Chicken Drumstick (340 calories)

The Twelfth Star

Grilled Crocker Fish with 1/2 a Grilled Plantain with Tomato, Onion and Pepper Sauce (350 calories)

Ingredients: 
  • Crocker Fish 
  • 1 Ripe Plantain 
  • 1 tin of Plum Tomatoes 
  • 1 Medium Onion sliced 
  • 1 Handful of Frozen Bell Peppers 
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste 
  • Rapeseed Oil
  • 1 Tsp All Purpose Seasoning 
  • 1/2 Cube of Magi
  • 1 Tsp Fish Seasoning 
  • 1 Crushed Garlic Clove 
  • 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika 
Method:
  1. On a tray, slice your plantain and drizzle it with a little Rapeseed oil and season with Salt. 
  2. Grill your plantain at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 mins or until brown. 
  3. Clean your fish well, pat dry and season with Salt, Pepper, Fish Seasoning, Garlic and Paprika. 
  4. Place your seasoned fish in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 10-12 mins or until cooked thorough. 
  5. In a pan, cook your Onions and Peppers in a dash of Rapeseed Oil. 
  6. Once slightly softened, add your tin of Tomatoes, crush them with your spatula and season with All Purpose Seasoning and Magi. 
  7. Allow to cook for 2-3 mins. 
  8. Enjoy!
Exercise
This week I've been using workouts provided by @ashleigh_jordan and @sow_x on Instagram. They have really great exercises targeting the places I wish to work on and I find them easy to follow but still challenging. I will have successfully gone to the gym 4 times this week which is really great and I don't plan on slowing down. One thing I've really noticed is that if you create a good time in which you can go to the gym and complete your exercise for the day, often it feels less like a chore and more like simple routine. For me during the week this is straight after work (I get into the house, get changed straight away then make my way to the gym) and on the weekend in the morning before Church. Whatever works for you, figure it out early and it becomes much easier. 

Spiritual Reflection of the Week
Hebrews 9:15 "For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance."
How refreshing it is for me to reflect on today, Easter Sunday. For me as a Christian this day represents the day that Jesus rose again and solidified the new covenant between God and I. I always like to see Jesus' death and resurrection as the re- building of a bridge between myself and God. Jesus' death facilitated the repair of a relationship between God and Man which was strained and sullied by the sins of my forefathers and I am so blessed to have a chance to be saved even though I am unworthy. Have you ever done something you know was awful to someone you love, and upon speaking about it they genuinely forgive you? That sense of relief, the feeling of hope for the future... that's what today is about. I'm so thankful to have a Lord who forgives me even though I am not worthy, so in turn I will try my upmost best to forgive those who have wronged me. Because if Jesus can pay the ultimate price for my sins and offer me eternal inheritance, what is a wrong from my fellow brother or sister?

Thank you for tuning in to today's post and I hope you all enjoy your week ahead!

CCC: Releasing your inner chef.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12