Before Year End - Week 1 (28/10/2018)

So it's been the first week of my commitment to healthier eating and gym and honestly its been harder than I expected.

Healthier eating was much easier during the week however I fell off on the weekend I must confess. I was at a friend's birthday dinner and the food she made was unreal and so I did indulge. Even today I was out and had Wasabi for dinner, what.am.I.doing??? 

Gym wise, I have been pretty good this week. I was aiming on going 3 times but my weekend was so busy I was unable to go Saturday and Sunday. I attended however a "legs bums and tums" class at my gym on Thursday which I actually really enjoyed, and following that on Friday, a "Boot camp" class which left my body in ruins. I still cannot stand up without feeling the pain in my legs! 

After a dodgy start to the series, here are the recipes of the dinners that I most enjoyed this week. They were quick, easy and super delicious and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did! 

Peri Salmon served with Black Pepper Crusted Sweet Potato and Garlic Kale Greens 

 Ingredients: 


  • 1 Fillet of Salmon 
  • Salt and Pepper (to taste) 
  • 1 Tbsp Nandos Wild Herb Peri Sauce 
  • 1 Lemon Wedge 
  • 1/2 a Sweet Potato (Skin on, Cut into 2 Quarters)
  • Coarse Ground Pepper 
  • 1 Handful of Kale 
  • 2 Garlic Cloves (Roughly Chopped)
  • 1/2 Medium Onion (Sliced) 
  • A Sprinkle of Aromat Seasoning 
Method: 
  1. Pre-heat the Oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.  
  2. Season the Salmon with Salt, Pepper and Peri Sauce. 
  3. Season your Sweet Potato with Salt and a liberal amount of Course Ground Pepper. 
  4. Place the Salmon and Sweet Potato into the Oven for 20 mins (Salmon) and 30 mins (Sweet Potato). 
  5. Add 1 Tbsp of Oil to a frying pan. 
  6. Lightly brown the Onions and Garlic on medium heat. 
  7. Add the Kale. 
  8. Season with Salt, Pepper and Aromat 
  9. Serve. 

5 Spice Chicken Stir Fry with Curried Giant Cous Cous 


Ingredients: 
  • 1 Chicken Breast (Cubed) 
  • 1 Bag of Mangetout 
  • 1  Large Pepper (Cubed) 
  • 1 Large Onion (Cubed) 
  • 1/2 Cup of Giant Cous Cous 
  • 1 Tbsp of Curry Powder 
  • 1/2 Tbsp of Chinese 5-Spice 
  • 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic Powder 
  • 1/2 Tbsp Chilli Flaked 
  • 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce 
  • Salt and Pepper (to taste) 
Method:
  1. Add 2 Tbsp of Oil to a wok and lightly cook the Pepper and Onions. 
  2. Add your Chicken Breast and season with Salt, Pepper, Chinese 5-Spice, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce and Chilli Flakes. 
  3. Once the Chicken is cooked through, add the Mangetout and allow to cook for 2 mins. 
  4. Cook Giant Cous Cous according to packaging adding Salt, Pepper and Curry Powder to season. 
  5. Serve. 

Wholewheat Spaghetti with Jumbo Prawns in a Tomato Sauce


Ingredients: 
  • 2 Servings of Wholewheat Spaghetti 
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste 
  • 12-15 Jumbo Prawns (Cooked)
  • 1 Medium Chopped Onion 
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced) 
  • 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes 
  • 1 Magi Cube (Chicken) 
  • 1 Cup of Sliced Mushrooms (optional) 
Method: 
  1. Boil the Spaghetti according to the packet instructions. 
  2. In a separate pot, cook the Onions, Garlic and Mushrooms in 2 Tbsp of oil until transparent. 
  3. Add the Jumbo Prawns and allow to cook for 3 mins. 
  4. Add the Chopped Tomatoes. 
  5. Season with Magi Cube, and season with Salt and Pepper. 
  6. Toss in Cooked Spaghetti. 
  7. Serve. 

I really hope this week goes much better for me, so until next Sunday, hope you all have a blessed week ahead! 

- CCC Releasing your Inner Chef

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12