Before Year End - Week 2 (04/11/2018)

Hi guys! 

So another week has gone by and honestly I've done so much better than last week. I've eaten well although I didn't have the chance to cook many meals this week as my schedule has been hectic. I've done really well with the gym and went 3 times this week and it shows because I've lost a couple of kg (whoop whoop). 

Next week is an even more hectic week for me as I am going to be in 3 different cities and will not be cooking dinners, however I promise to document what I do eat so I can post something next Sunday. 

Without further ado, here's a couple recipes I made this week:  

BBQ Chicken Quarter with Mashed Sweet Potato and Veg 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 Quarter Chicken Leg 
  • 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste) 
  • 1 Magi Chicken Cube
  • 1 Tsp Paprika
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Granules 
  • 1 small Sweet Potato 
  • 1 handful of Green Beans 
  • 1 mini Corn on the Cob 
Method: 
  1. Peel and cube the Sweet Potato, and boil in salted water for 15 mins on medium heat. 
  2. Wash the chicken with cold water and season it with Salt, Pepper, Magi, Paprika, Garlic Granules and BBQ Sauce. 
  3. Bake the chicken at 200 Degrees Celsius for 30/35 mins or until cooked through. 
  4. Boil the Green Beans and Sweetcorn in salted water for 15 mins. 
  5. Use a fork to mash the sweet potato until smooth. 
  6. Serve. 

Shredded Chicken and Plantain Tacos 


Ingredients: 
  • 1 Chicken Breast 
  • 1 Chicken Magi Cube 
  • 3 Minced Cloves of Garlic 
  • 1 Medium Sliced Onion 
  • 1 Tbsp Thyme 
  • 1/2 Small Chopped Onion 
  • 1 Tsp Curry Powder 
  • 1 Tsp Paprika 
  • 1 Tsp Chilli Powder 
  • 1 Tsp Cumin 
  • Salt and Pepper (to taste) 
  • 1 Ripe Plantain (Sliced) 
  • 3 Mini Flour Tortillas 
  • 1 Wedge of Lime 
Method: 
  1. Wash the Chicken Breast. 
  2. Add Chopped Onion, Thyme, Magi Salt and Pepper to a pot of water and boil the chicken on medium heat for 20 mins. 
  3. Once chicken has cooked through, use a fork to shred the chicken into pieces. 
  4. In a separate pan, cook Sliced onions in a little oil until translucent. 
  5. Add shredded Chicken and season with Garlic, Curry Powder, Paprika, Chilli Powder, Cumin Salt and Pepper. Cook on low heat for 5-6 mins. 
  6. Fry Plantain until golden brown. 
  7. Heat Tortillas.  
  8. Serve with lime wedge.

As mentioned above I wont really be cooking this coming week as I am away, however I'm excited to do my first food review post! I eat out quite often but have never reviewed restaurants so look out for that next week! 

Have a blessed week all xx

- CCC: Releasing your inner chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12