THE TWELVE: Week 11

Good evening guys and welcome to the penultimate post of THE TWELVE! Wow it really feels like time has flown by. This week you'll be pleased to hear that I was much better at taking pictures of what I ate, however I have taken a little bit more of a laid back approach to my dieting as you will see. I've had a couple of treat meals which have been really great and I have slowly re-introduce things back into my diet which I know I will be eating in the future (e.g. white rice). Lets get straight into it:





(Monday - Sunday)








Breakfast:
Full English Breakfast (761 calories) 
Belvita Blueberry Soft Bake with Skyr Mixed Berries Yogurt and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (with a Starbucks Double Shot Expresso Coffee Drink 391 calories) 
Belvita Blueberry Soft Bake and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (267 calories)
A 2 Egg Tomato, Onion, Pepper, Spinach and Prawn Omelette and Tea with, 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (435 calories)
1 Slice of Yam with 2 Egg Omelette with Peppers, Tomatoes, Onions and Prawns (498 calories)
1 Slice of Abuja Bread with Nigerian Beef Stew (300 calories) (not pictured) 

Lunch: 
Pret Tuna Niceoise Salad (191 calories) 
Costco Shrimp and Salmon Salad (346 calories)
Leftover Prawn and Spring Onion Dumplings with a packet of Plantain Chips (300 calories) 
Garlic Chicken Breast with Curried Couscous (234 calories) 





Dinner: (I ate so much sweetcorn this week, you can tell it's my favourite vegetable!) 
Seasoned Salmon with Chips, Sweetcorn and a Spicy Tomato Sauce (550 calories) 
Oven Baked Plantain with Peri Peri Chicken and Sweetcorn (478 calories)
Haddock fillet with Chicken Tenders and Sweetcorn (514 calories)
Nandos Peri Peri Chicken Breast Quarter - Hot with Peri Chips (939 calories) 
The Ends Festival - Chicken Tenders (735 calories)
Rice and Nigerian Beef Stew with Baked Plantain (868 calories) 

The Twelfth Star

Naked Meatball Sub with Roasted Sweetcorn (695 calories)
Ingredients: 

  • 250g 5% Beef Mince
  • 1 Tsp Onion Powder 
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Powder 
  • 1 small Egg 
  • Salt & Pepper to taste 
  • 1/4 Cube of Beef Maggi 
  • 2 Tsp Mixed Herbs 
  • 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes 
  • 1 Garlic Clove (crushed) 
  • 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes 
  • 1 small Onion (chopped) 
  • 2 large Romaine Lettuce leaves 
  • 1 Boiled Egg (sliced) 
Method: 
  1. Mix together the Mince, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Egg, Salt, Pepper, Maggi and 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs until well combined. 
  2. Form the mince mixture into meatballs and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 mins until cooked through. 
  3. In a small pot brown your Chilli Flakes, Onion and crushed Garlic. Add your Crushed Tomatoes, Salt, Pepper, and Mixed Herbs. Allow to simmer on low for 15 mins. 
  4. Once the meatballs are cooked add them to the tomato sauce and allow to simmer for 5 mins.
  5. Serve meatballs on lettuce with sliced eggs and Enjoy with roasted Sweetcorn! 
Exercise
I am trying this week to increase everything I do by one more set or adding two more reps just to really push through my last couple of kg's before THE TWELVE ends. I have actually enjoyed gym this week and found it easy to fit in my gym days with what was quite a tiring and hectic week. This coming week is going to be even busier so I look forward to the challenge of completing my last 4 gym sessions, not for ever, but under this fitness journey.

Spiritual Reflection of the Week
Matthew 13:23 "But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who produces a crop yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown"
I see this fitness and clean eating journey very much through this passage. I've heard the message of change and improvement within myself and I understand it. I therefore plant my seed into good soil through cutting out the things that are really bad for me, focusing on the gym and tuning my spiritual soul. This in turn I am confident will produce a crop which is so much more what was sown. I can already see the changes in my body and I am so so excited. I have dedicated myself to this process and I can see my crop yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times over. I can't wait to show you all next week what planting seeds into good soil can produce and honestly I think we can all take something from this passage. It doesn't have to be through fitness or health, it can be in your faith, job or how you treat others, but let's all plant our seed into good soil this week and stay away from bad soil which will never reap what we deserve.


Thank you for tuning in to week 11! I am so excited for the final post to show everything and write an in depth post about THE TWELVE so make sure to mark it in your diaries... 8 pm sharp - Sunday 9th June 2019!

As always have a fruitful week ahead.

CCC: Releasing your inner chef.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12