THE TWELVE: Week 2

Good evening everyone, Happy Mothers Day and welcome back to Week 2 of THE TWELVE.

This week I was still unable to meal prep (I know, I know) as the weekend was very busy for me. I am really good at making quick meals during the week and creating something out of whatever I have in the kitchen so, I should be okay for this week, however I aim on organising my time much better next week to incorporate meal prepping.

However, lets get straight into Week 2!


(Monday-Sunday)



Breakfast: 
Belvita Blueberry Soft Bake, Liberte Strawberry Yogurt, Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (311 calories)
Cornflakes with Soya Milk, Liberte Strawberry Yogurt, Tea with 1 Tsp. Honey & Soya Milk (353 calories) (not pictured) 
2 egg Tomato, Onion and Prawn Omelette (250 calories) (not pictured)
4 Slices of Warburtons Milk Roll Toast with 1 Small fried Egg (437 calories)

Lunch: 
Okay, just a disclaimer I am really sorry and I know it might be hard to believe but for everyday this week I forgot to take  picture of my lunch. 
Tuna Sweetcorn Mayo Sandwich, Barbeque Popchips (406 calories)
Pesto Chicken Breast Salad, Barbeque Popchips (290 calories)
Pesto Chicken Breast Salad, Apple, Pineapple and Grape fresh Fruit Pot, Sweet and Salty Popcorn (483 calories)
Chicken Breast in Spicy Tomato Sauce with Beans and Couscous (451 calories)
Honey Mustard Chicken Breast dinner leftover with Couscous, Barbeque Popchips (358 calories)





Dinner: 
Chicken Breast in Spicy Tomato Sauce with Red Kidney Beans, Butter Beans and Couscous and Quinoa (558 calories) 
Peri-Peri Salmon with Orange Roasts (roasted Carrots, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato) (540 calories) 
Homemade Nandos Peri-Peri Chicken Pitta with mashed Sweet Potato and Sweetcorn (542 calories) 

On Saturday I went to a restaurant in Bluewater called Rosa's Thai Cafe with my sister and Mother for Dinner. 
Starter: Calamari and Prawns with Sweet Chilli Sauce (300 calories) 
Main: Initially I ordered a Beef Salad which is pictured in the centre on the bottom row above, however when it came it was so sour and vingeary and was swimming as you can see in a dark liquid. After sending it back, I ordered "Drunk Noodles" with Prawns instead. This was so much better but only had about half as i couldn't finish it. (908 calories). This was my second and last meal of the day as I skipped lunch.  

The Twelfth Star

Honey Mustard Chicken Breast with Brown Rice and Beans, Spicy Broccoli and a boiled Egg (608 calories)
Ingredients:
  • 1 Medium Chicken Breast
  • 1/2 Tsp Honey 
  • 1/2 Tsp Wholegrain Mustard 
  • Salt & Pepper 
  • 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules 
  • 2 Dashes Liquid Magi 
  • Brown Rice & Beans (see Before Year End: Week 3 for full recipe) 
  • 1 Tsp Rapeseed Oil
  • 1/4 Head of Broccoli 
  • 1 Small Onion 
  • 1/2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (optional, sub for 1/2 tsp ginger and 1 clove of crushed garlic)
  • 1 Egg
Method: 
  1. Pre-Heat your oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. 
  2. Season the Chicken with Salt, Pepper, Garlic Granules, Magi, Mustard and Honey then place into the oven for 20-25 mins or until cooked through. 
  3. Cook Brown Rice & Beans. 
  4. Boil an egg to your preference. 
  5. In a microwave, heat up the Broccoli in a a bit of water for 3-4 mins. 
  6. In a small frying pan, add 1 Tsp Rapeseed Oil. 
  7. Cook Onions and Scotch Bonnet Pepper until fragrant. If you do not like spicy food, you can leave out the Scotch Bonnet and instead add some fresh ginger and garlic. 
  8. Add Broccoli, salt and pepper, then stir fry for 2 mins. 
  9. Enjoy! 


Today I ate a small scoop of Jollof rice, Roast Chicken and Plantain with a boiled egg for dinner.  From my estimate this should come up to about 800 calories (including the small scoop of Jollof rice and chicken I had at church).

Exercise

This week I've done really well with Gym again. Including when I go this evening (I was supposed to go this morning but with the clocks changing I couldn't go before church), I will have gone 4 times this week. I've added some really challenging exercises to my arm day and leg day, so I'm excited to keep pushing myself this week. I have lost a smudge of weight, I won't reveal how much yet but I definitely need to work harder and smarter in the gym. Hopefully some of my gym head friends can help me out in this coming week. 

Spiritual Reflection of the Week

Isaiah 66:13 "As a mother comforts her child; so I will comfort you, and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."
Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful, loving supportive mothers all over the world! As today is Mothers Day I thought it would be befitting to reflect on this scripture. God is our comforter because just as a baby feels safe in its mothers hands, God makes us feel safe in his presence. Sometimes during the week, especially due to work, uni, whatever the case may be, we feel alone and distant from our maker. There's been times where I'd have had an awful day, and it only takes my mothers smile, or care when I am ill to brighten my day. In the same way, when I am low it only takes a moment of prayer or read of the bible to calm my soul. 

Mothers Day isn't just for those who's mothers are still with us but for everyone who has ever had a figure in their lives who has given the support and love a mother would. I thank God for your fathers, aunties, cousins, sisters, friends, teachers and co-workers who have been your comfort through this life. 

I pray that this week is a week of comfort for us all, comfort in the knowledge that there is someone who cares for us as a mother, and comfort that we have a Father who has cared for us since before the day we were born. Amen

Thank you for tuning in and have a blessed week ahead! 

CCC: Releasing your inner chef  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food Review: Chiquito

THE TWELVE: Week 3

THE TWELVE: Week 12